Over a foul line,Simple questions
Release:25 March 2007
3.Prowl at Midnight
About ChoP Project:
ChoP is a transnational project consisting of sound and visual artists from China and Poland. Performances by ChoP combine traditional and modern sounds of China and Poland with field recordings and ambient structures. ChoP is showing the aspects of constant development of the Far East and Eastern Europe. Performances are accompanied by different visuals made by different Vjs. ChoP is performing live, therefore all shows are unique experiences not unlike what the public experienced one century ago when films were mute and live improvised music gave it the whole context.
ChoP was formed by Zen Lu (China) and Grzegorz Bojanek (Poland) in 2006. Since then many other artists have been invited to join the project, record their albums and play live-acts both in China and Poland.
ChoP has been financially and logistically supported by:
• British Council, United Kingdom
• Art and Technology Foundation (Fundacja Sztuka i Technologia), Poland
• Zachęta National Gallery of Art (Zachęta Narodowa Galeria Sztuki), Warsaw, Poland
• Solvay Centre of the Contemporary Art (Centrum Sztuki Współczesnej Solvay), Kraków, Poland
• Warsaw Electronic Festival, Poland
• Management of Isaac Julien, United Kingdom
• Gao Shiming, Curator, China
• Jarosław Grzesica, Curator, Poland